Becoming Human Fan Base
Welcome to the Becoming Human Fanbase.

We hope you register and join us in some Gilbert fun! We like discussing Being Human, Becoming Human, Doctor Who, and occasionally have normal conversations.

Hope you enjoy
aj x

Doctor Who Stuff

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Doctor Who Stuff

Post by Nameless Child on Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:00 am

The official Doctor Who BBC Facebook page has announced that a trailer for Series 6: Part 2 will be exclusively available Tonight at 9:30pm, via the page.

Series 6 Part 2 Air Date:

Blogtor Who wrote: Although speculation isn't what Blogtor Who is about, it would seem that the launch date for Doctor Who Series 6, Part 2 has been narrowed down considerably. Online retailers DVD.co.uk have stated its release will be Oct 10. This would mean that the latest start would be Sep 3.

Two screenings of the first episode, Let's Kill Hitler, are taking place in the UK on Aug 15 and 26 - suggesting that Aug 27 as the more probable. Blogtor Who will be at both events, with a full report from each.

Another Matt and Karen ComiCon interview (talknig about Series 6 Part 2)

Doctorwhospoilers wrote:So what new information can we glean from the videos?

Matt describes The Silen(ts)ce are an order much like a religious sect.

According to Matt Let’s Kill Hitler features a “a great monster coming back in” and Karen says that the episode is River Song’s big moment which :king: Kingston performs with aplomb.

Matt describes episode ten as “really trippy and weird” and says that it features Karen’s best performance in the series. He also suggests that Episode Thirteen features multiple twists.

The BBC’s Official Doctor Who site will be posting a trailer for the second half of the series tonight.

Last edited by Nameless Child on Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:08 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : More info)
Nameless Child

Location : Taking a big space truck full of strangers across a diamond planet called Midnight.

http://wadingheather.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nameless Child on Sun Jul 24, 2011 3:11 am

I just remembered I took this screen grab of what MD Ep.2 paused on when buffering.

I LOLed. Anyone else think it looks like Jack just let one go?
Nameless Child

Location : Taking a big space truck full of strangers across a diamond planet called Midnight.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nameless Child on Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:26 pm

Nameless Child wrote:
jocolor wrote:Anyone got a linkk for ep 3 of torchwood MD?

It's on tonight I think. (3am BST I think). I (stupidly) put TONIGHT on the other post (yesterday) when I meant TOMORROW. But i will get one ASAP (tomorrow at about midday probably)
the link below will ( i think) provide a live stream if your up then

http://www.starz.com/originals/torchwood/Pages/title.aspx?src=starz_mktg&med=referral&cmp=torchwood&cid327

finally: word to the wise. or those who may want to watch 2 versions of the programme: Episode 3 WILL be different in the UK and US. something about a sex scene involving Jack. anywho, yeah i'll try to get a link that will work (as some of you have been having trouble with the vureel ones).

I'm watching it here. (Video 2)
Nameless Child

Back to top Go down

Post by Nameless Child on Sat Jul 23, 2011 5:57 am

jocolor wrote:Anyone got a linkk for ep 3 of torchwood MD?

It's on tonight I think. (3am BST I think). I (stupidly) put TONIGHT on the other post (yesterday) when I meant TOMORROW. But i will get one ASAP (tomorrow at about midday probably)
the link below will ( i think) provide a live stream if your up then

http://www.starz.com/originals/torchwood/Pages/title.aspx?src=starz_mktg&med=referral&cmp=torchwood&cid327

finally: word to the wise. or those who may want to watch 2 versions of the programme: Episode 3 WILL be different in the UK and US. something about a sex scene involving Jack. anywho, yeah i'll try to get a link that will work (as some of you have been having trouble with the vureel ones).

Finally finally, I GOT THE SGL CD TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (It has the lyrics on the back of the poster, which is useful because where i heard "I wanna be Mr Pond and I can't lightsabe" I found out it was "I wanna be Mr Pond and I can't lie & say")

Also, nerimon's got a new video up.
Nameless Child

Back to top Go down

Post by Cris on Sat Jul 23, 2011 2:33 am

Anyone got a linkk for ep 3 of torchwood MD?
Cris

Back to top Go down

Post by Nameless Child on Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:28 am

The Spoiler things are full articles of the links above them.

New Adventure Game: the Explosive Details

Spoiler:

21st Jul 2011
The new Adventure Game will be released October, 2011 and is called The Gunpowder Plot.
It's the most ambitious Adventure Game to date and stars Matt Smith as the Doctor, Karen Gillan as Amy and for the first time, Arthur Darvill as Rory Williams. This new, dazzlingly epic story gives you the chance to battle aliens in London, 1605. But as well as extra-terrestrial monsters, you'll meet Guy Fawkes (visualisation above) and really get a feel for what was happening at this incendiary moment in Britain's history. It's your chance to virtually step back in time, chat to famous figures and participate in one of the most notorious plots the world has ever known.
We're delighted to say that The Gunpowder Plot also sees the return of two old enemies... more about them soon! Right now we can confirm that this, the fifth Adventure Game, was written by Phil Ford (Doctor Who: The Adventure Games, The Sarah Jane Adventures and co-writer of The Waters of Mars) and produced by Gary Russell. The executive producers are Steven Moffat, Piers Wenger, Beth Willis, Anwen Aspden and Charles Cecil.
The Gunpowder Plot will be the most advanced of the Adventure Games so far. Gamers will be able to play as the Doctor, Amy and Rory, exploring the immersive environments of this historic period. The adventure will feature multi-linear gameplay, even more sophisticated puzzles, and a complex lighting system specifically designed to recreate the atmosphere of 17th Century London. And for the very first time, the introduction of portal technology will enable gamers to experience for themselves that the TARDIS really is bigger on the inside...
To accompany the game, BBC Learning will be offering teachers an online resource pack containing unique, downloadable assets to support History and Literacy in the classroom. And in the adventure itself you'll be meeting not just the main figures from the plot, but everyday Londoners who lived through an exciting, dangerous and fascinating era.
The Adventure Games have received over 2.6 million download requests since the launch of the first adventure, City of the Daleks, which SFX called 'the best Who game to date.' The series was a finalist at the Develop Awards and nominated at the Banff World Media Festival for Best Branded Entertainment.
As always, the Adventure Game will be free in the UK and we'll be giving you more information soon. The Gunpowder Plot explodes in approximately three months time. It may not rhyme, but remember, remember... October!

Steven Moffat: The Future of Doctor Who

Spoiler:
21st Jul 2011
These are exciting times for fans of Doctor Who. We've recently had the very welcome announcement that 14 new episodes have been commissioned along with confirmation that Matt Smith will be onboard for them. Hurray! Now comes the news that a new executive producer has been appointed. We felt it was the perfect moment to catch up with lead writer and executive producer, Steven Moffat, who revealed all about the new exec...
What can you tell us about Doctor Who's new executive producer?
Steven Moffat: The exec joining me on Doctor Who is Caroline Skinner - fresh from the wonderful Five Days, and still finishing up on a brand new show called The Fades (a fantasy horror series, written by Jack Thorne - I've seen episode 1, and it's BRILLIANT.) Somewhere between me laughing in a basement and choosing planets to invade, and Marcus Wilson raising armies, there has to be a Prime Minister actually running the whole thing. That's the job Piers Wenger and Beth Willis have been doing so wonderfully for the last few years. Now that Piers is off to movie land, that's the furnace Caroline will be walking into.
How did you meet her?
SM: It's a funny thing about this show: the people who work on it, get so attached and so passionate about it, they can't just leave - they have to make sure it's going to be okay after they're gone. Just as when Russell was leaving, he sounded me out about taking over, Piers had strong views on who should be his successor. And as soon as I met Caroline, I knew exactly why. It takes a particular kind of person to work on this show - you have to be prepared to work every day of the week, laugh in the face of holidays, and above all, understand that Doctor Who is completely impossible to make and then make it anyway. I could see all that in Caroline - so off we go!
When will she actually start on the show?
SM: This has been in the works for a very long while, and a smooth succession is vital on this show. Caroline starts work almost immediately on the Christmas Special, alongside Piers Wenger. They've worked together before so this will be the smoothest hand-over we've done - and since Piers is determined to go out with a bang, that means Caroline will arrive with one. Just as it should be!
What are you working on at the moment? Is there anything you can tell us about the Christmas Special?
SM: I think I spent the entire budget on the first page. A baptism of fire for Caroline Skinner. Literally fire. And aliens!

The new BBC Drama trailer features clips from DW, Merlin, Spooks, etc:

Analysis on DWS

Why Eccleston Quit DW

Spoiler:
“I left Doctor Who because I could not get along with the senior people. I left because of politics. I did not see eye-to-eye with them. I didn’t agree with the way things were being run. I didn’t like the culture that had grown up, around the series. So I left, I felt, over a principle.

“I thought to remain, which would have made me a lot of money and given me huge visibility, the price I would have had to pay was to eat a lot of shit. I’m not being funny about that. I didn’t want to do that and it comes to the art of it, in a way. I feel that if you run your career and– we are vulnerable as actors and we are constantly humiliating ourselves auditioning. But if you allow that to go on, on a grand scale you will lose whatever it is about you and it will be present in your work.

“If you allow your desire to be successful and visible and financially secure – if you allow that to make you throw shades on your parents, on your upbringing, then you’re knackered. You’ve got to keep something back, for yourself, because it’ll be present in your work. A purity or an idealism is essential or you’ll become– you’ve got to have standards, no matter how hard work that is. So it makes it a hard road, really.

“You know, it’s easy to find a job when you’ve got no morals, you’ve got nothing to be compromised, you can go, ‘Yeah, yeah. That doesn’t matter. That director can bully that prop man and I won’t say anything about it’. But then when that director comes to you and says ‘I think you should play it like this’ you’ve surely got to go ‘How can I respect you, when you behave like that?’

“So, that’s why I left. My face didn’t fit and I’m sure they were glad to see the back of me. The important thing is that I succeeded. It was a great part. I loved playing him. I loved connecting with that audience. Because I’ve always acted for adults and then suddenly you’re acting for children, who are far more tasteful; they will not be bullshitted. It’s either good, or it’s bad. They don’t schmooze at after-show parties, with cocktails.”

Episode 3 airs at 9pm on Thursday 28th July on BBC One (and tonight in America): "Torchwood goes on the run - and finds a new enemy. But as they launch a raid on PhiCorp headquarters, Jack must confront the mysterious Oswald Danes."

Here are ten teasing lines of dialogue from the episode, titled 'Dead Of Night'...

Spoiler:
» "It's the perfect drug for the new world order."

» "If I shoot you just right, then maybe you'll live in agony for how long?"

» "They're everywhere, they know everything..."

» "That account's been gathering interest since 1906."

» "He cock-blocked the ATF."

» "Wanna come up with a plan or is that just the American thing to do?"

» "My clothes are stinking."

» "Bigger on the inside than the outside..."

» "We're talking brain outside the skull; no skin, no face."

» "Rex doesn't like his jokes too gay!"
Nameless Child

Back to top Go down

Post by Nameless Child on Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:55 am

--DOCTOR WHO RETURNS 3rd September 2011--

Apparently...

Let's Kill Hitler synopsis:
In the desperate search for Melody Pond, the TARDIS crash lands in 1930s Berlin, bringing the Doctor face to face with the greatest war criminal in the Universe. And Hitler. The Doctor must teach his adversaries that time travel has responsibilities – and in so doing, learns a harsh lesson in the cruellest warfare of all.

Nameless Child

Back to top Go down

Post by Claire the Ninja God on Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:04 am

Clips... for the new series... I have no idea why james cordon is asking the doctor to kiss him...?
Claire the Ninja God

http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/profile?id=2485615

Back to top Go down

Post by Nameless Child on Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:28 am

Nameless Child

Back to top Go down

Post by Nameless Child on Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:14 am

Basically, Matt Smith was on the Late Late Show, and they were going to do this as the intro thing, but they couldn't because of music copyright or something. but here it is:
Nameless Child

Back to top Go down

Post by Nameless Child on Sun Jul 17, 2011 7:42 am

Nameless Child

Back to top Go down

Post by Nameless Child on Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:10 pm

Matt Smith was on Alan Carr last night:

Nameless Child

Back to top Go down

Post by Nameless Child on Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:36 am

Miracle Day Episode 2:

Written by Doris Egan, who has previously written for Smallville, Dark Angel and House, Episode 2 airs at 9pm on Thursday 21st July on BBC One.

"As the Torchwood team is reunited, Jack realises he's the most vulnerable man on Earth; and a flight to the USA turns into a desperate battle for survival."

Here are ten teasing lines of dialogue from the episode, titled 'Rendition'...
Spoiler:

» "I'm not gay, but I’ll let you feel me up if you get me a vodka."

» "Do we have to explode before you turn up?"

» "What the hell is this thing? All it does is go bleep!"

» "You stupid bloody little man."

» "What if the planet dies out from under us?"

» "We should not be watching this, he's a monster."

» "Every bug in the world is probably out to get me."

» "What are you saying - immortality leads to hypochondria?"

» "Someone wants to take Torchwood out."

» "I had a boyfriend who took arsenic."

Promo Pics (Blogtor Who)
Nameless Child

Back to top Go down

Post by Nameless Child on Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:47 am

TORCHWOOD. TONIGHT. 9PM. BBC 1.
Nameless Child

Back to top Go down

Post by Nameless Child on Thu Jul 14, 2011 5:56 pm

Stuff is in spoiler things due to length...

Shooting Wraps on the Current Series: Full Report

Spoiler:
It's Monday, 11 July, 2011 and the Doctor Who team is on location, about to wrap on the last scenes to be shot for the current series.
We're shooting in Wales but Unit Base is about an hour's drive from Cardiff, meaning it's a 5.30am start from the BBC offices. But in a sense the journey to where we are now has been a longer one. It's taken us from the Valley of the Gods to the Vale of Glamorgan; from the icy waters of Cornwall to Caerphilly Castle and, of course, Cardiff, the home of Doctor Who. And this ends today. On a beautiful Monday in the middle of July, with the cast and crew looking as enthusiastic and excited as they did back in September, 2010 when shooting got underway on the Eleventh Doctor's second season.
Whilst the TARDIS is being assembled, Matt Smith, Arthur Darvill and Karen Gillan arrive. 'It's a great day for it!' Karen declares. 'This is amazing! We're here, the TARDIS is here and it all looks amazing! It's a brilliant way to spend the day!'
Director Richard Senior and producer Marcus Wilson discuss the day's shoot with the stars of the show. Matt checks out one of the specially created props and laughs. 'I love this!' he declares.
There's a slightly celebratory atmosphere. It's been many months since the team began production on the most ambitious series of Doctor Who ever but when the cameras start turning, everyone's focus returns to the task in hand. And what a task. The scenes shot today will form one of the most memorable sequences of the current series and typically for Doctor Who, it's a mixture of drama, humour and action.
Matt finishes filming at precisely 10.36am and before he's whisked off to his next appointment (his day isn't over by a long chalk!) he finds time to shake hands with crew members, thanking them and bidding them a brief farewell.
A couple of hours later, Karen is grabbing a glass of water. She looks back on the morning's shoot, reflecting, 'It was really exciting when we all got together here this morning... We had so much energy! We were bouncing around like children!' But today is the last day of shooting for the series. She nods, admitting, 'I'm quite sad about that actually.'
After lunch, everyone is up for one last push. Richard and Marcus are geeing up the crew, a stunt man is having make-up applied and Karen and Arthur are discussing their next scene.
'Action!'
Arthur Darvill's filming wraps at precisely 18.20 and less than ten minutes later, the final moment is captured. That's it! Marcus gives a broad grin. 'Thank you ladies and gents! That is a wrap on series 6! Thank you very much indeed!'
And then the celebratory atmosphere is back! Everyone trudges away but typical of this team, there's already excited talk about the episodes that lie ahead.
It's summed up by Karen Gillan who pauses to take one last look at the incredible location we've used today. 'It's quite sad to be saying goodbye to the boys,' she comments, before adding with a smile, 'But we'll be re-united again very soon!'
Doctor Who returns to BBC ONE later this year in Let's Kill Hitler. We'll be bringing you a full build up to all the Doctor's imminent adventures very soon! Watch this space for some very special exclusives!

The Fifth Adventure Game: Recording Session with Matt Smith - Full Report

Spoiler:
The recording session took place in London on Friday, 8th July, 2011.
Friday morning and several members of the Doctor Who team are at The Moat recording studio, hunched over scripts and cups of strong coffee. It was an early start. Anwen Aspden, one of the Adventure Games' Executive Producers, is discussing technical issues with producer Gary Russell who'll be directing Matt Smith during the day's session.
It sounds a cliché but the next Adventure Game will be the biggest and most ambitious yet. That's exciting, of course, but whenever the bar is raised there's always a chance it'll trip you up, and so every detail is being examined and triple-checked. And no matter how much you plan a production, from a television episode to an Adventure Game, it only starts to really live when Matt and the rest of the actors speak their lines for the very first time.
So, as last minute preparations are completed, the atmosphere is a mixture of excitement and anticipation.
Matt arrives! Handshakes and hugs, then he sits down with Gary and they start quietly going through the script together. During a short break Matt checks out the artwork for the Adventure Game. The scale of this one is more impressive than the first four and even the artwork hints at this. 'It's beautiful,' Matt comments, looking at some gorgeous images of locations and characters that will feature in the Game. 'And those costumes... just beautiful.'
Matt and Gary have a quick read through of the script together with Gary playing every role other than the Doctor. Then it's straight into the recording. It's the first time one or two of us have attended a session like this and it's fascinating to watch Matt and Gary bounce ideas of each other, discussing options and notions for how a line could be delivered. Matt's able to take a piece of dialogue and literally give it half a dozen spins, pinging different words, experimenting and sometimes laughing out loud at the audacity of the plotline. But it's astonishing to see how he can take the most casual line and make it interesting and so much more than it appears on the page.
It's also amazing to see how the amiable Matt Smith can 'switch', and even sans bow tie and tweed jacket, become the Doctor. From the quiet nuances to the moments of rage, as the fifth Doctor Who Adventure Game is being brought to life, there's no actor in the recording booth. Only the last of the Time Lords. An ancient traveller who is battling against incredible monsters to save our planet. And then...
Then there's a break and Matt jabs a finger at the script and repeats a line with relish. 'Brilliant!' he announces with a grin. 'Only in Doctor Who could you get a line as brilliant as that! I love it!'
After several intensive but enjoyable hours, the first recording session is finished. After the final line of the day is delivered there's a spontaneous round of applause. Anwen is smiling. 'Perfect!' she says. Now, Anwen has been to a lot of these voice recordings and she only says 'perfect' if something is, well, perfect. It's a very good sign!
Matt asks if there's anything else he can help with and ends up recording the voice-overs for some trailers that you'll be able to watch exclusively online. Except these are unique trailers which try something that's never been done in the history of Doctor Who... Matt 'gets' it completely and as we play one trailer v/o back in the studio 'That is magical...' murmurs recording engineer Toby Robinson.
As everyone winds down and we prepare to leave, talk inevitably comes around to the last few episodes. There's enormous enthusiasm for A Good Man Goes to War and Matt teases us by saying, 'If you think that was good, just wait for episode 8! Have you seen any of it yet? No? You're in for a treat! It's...' And then he just gives that full-on Matt Smith laugh and we want to watch the story now!
Matt bounds off and we all leave. Lights out. A little bit of history has been made today. But Phil Ford's script, Gary's direction and Matt's bravura performance ensure that as we leave for home, all the talk is focussed on the future...
The fifth Adventure Game is coming! You have been warned!
Nameless Child

Back to top Go down

Post by Nameless Child on Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:11 am

DW boosts BBC Profits

BBC Worldwide have published their Annual Review for 2011 which highlights Doctor Who as one of the 'most valuable' brands, largely responsible for the corporations commercial success.

The report showed pre-tax profits rose 59pc to £201.2m, or £188m following disposals, on revenues up 7.8pc to £1.16bn.

The Doctor Who franchise saw revenues climb 49pc, following significant growth in the US. It is now sold to more than 50 territories. Doctor Who was also the number-three TV series purchased globally on iTunes in 2010/11.

BBC's Worldwide's top five power brands include Top Gear, Doctor Who, Lonely Planet, Dancing with the Stars and BBC Earth. Headline sales from these brands were £308.1m, a rise of 12.6pc year-on-year.

The corporation also notes in the report how it has embraced the online social avenues. John Smith, the chief executive of BBC Worldwide, said Worldwide will increasingly use Facebook to both market and sell its content and events.

Doctor Who episodes will be available for Facebook users in Europe, the USA, Canada, Australia and New Zealand and episodes will be available to view for 48 hours.

DW FB Video On Demand

The BBC have launched a brand new Doctor Who video on demand service via Facebook.

The service, which currently offers 9 stories from both the Classic Series and the New Series, uses the Facebook credits system as currency, and charges 15 Facebook credits (£0.94) per story.

Titles currently available:

An Unearthly Child

The Tomb of the Cybermen

The Time Warrior

City of Death

Earthshock

Attack of the Cybermen

The Greatest Show in the Galaxy

The End of the World

Silence in the Library / Forest of the Dead

(DWO)
Nameless Child

Back to top Go down

Post by Nameless Child on Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:35 pm

Still Got Legs is currently 23rd on the iTunes Album Chart.

And 4th on the iTunes Rock Album Chart.

So, WOOP for that. Very Happy
Nameless Child

Back to top Go down

Post by Nameless Child on Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:52 pm

Is this DW Stuff? Yeah, of course. i mean, they write songs ABOUT Doctor Who.

Still Got Legs is out now! (even though I'm still waiting for the e-mail with the MP3s...)

Listen free here

Oh My God. Still Got Legs converses. Very Happy

The album is 4th on the iTunes rock album chart. (as of 5.15pm today)
Nameless Child

Back to top Go down

Post by Nameless Child on Sun Jul 10, 2011 6:53 am

if you can't wait, watch Episode 1 here.
Nameless Child

Back to top Go down

Post by Nameless Child on Sun Jul 10, 2011 6:45 am

Nameless Child

Back to top Go down

Post by Nameless Child on Sun Jul 10, 2011 1:45 am

other annie wrote:i am about to be internet mudered: could someone tell me what happed in torchwood and why it dosent exsist (if u know) cuz i havent watched it b4....

No problem, basically Torchwood 3 (where torchwood was set) was in Cardiff, on a rift in time. They dealt with aliens who 'fell' through the rift and general invasion type situations. In Series 3 (Children of Earth) the Torchwood Hub was blown up. Ianto Jones died, Gwen left because she was preggers and Captain Jack left the planet.

The new series is set in America, features Gwen, Jack and Rhys (Gwen's husband) as well as some new characters.

more info here.
Nameless Child

Back to top Go down

Post by other annie on Sun Jul 10, 2011 1:20 am

i am about to be internet mudered: could someone tell me what happed in torchwood and why it dosent exsist (if u know) cuz i havent watched it b4....
other annie

Back to top Go down

Post by Nameless Child on Fri Jul 08, 2011 4:02 am

Seriously, first Piers, now Beth Willis. That's right, if any of you cared, Beth Willis is Leaving BBC Wales and DW.

THere's also a Miracle Day press pack: Press Pack Videos, etc.
Nameless Child

Back to top Go down

Post by Nameless Child on Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:18 am

The TW Miracle Day logo:

and more promo pics here.

There are 3 new TW clips on DWO.
Nameless Child

Back to top Go down

Post by Nameless Child on Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:14 am

Blogtor Who wrote: The Edinburgh International Television Festival is to screen the opening episode of Series 6 part 2, Let's Kill Hitler. It's screening on 26 August 2011 at The Filmhouse, read the synopsis below:

In the desperate search for Melody Pond, the TARDIS crash lands in 1930s Berlin, bringing the Doctor face to face with the greatest war criminal in the Universe. And Hitler. The Doctor must teach his adversaries that time travel has responsibilities - and in so doing, learns a harsh lesson in the cruellest warfare of all.
Nameless Child

Back to top Go down

Post by Nameless Child on Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:58 am

other annie wrote:theory (possibly already covered but i have not been here so) :
In flesh and stone bish says river 'killed a good man' the most recent episode is 'a good man goes to war' so if the good man in both is Rory then..........

Yeah. I thought that (I didn't put it in here, but rather in the chatbox) it's either the Doctor (a bit obvious) or Rory.

other annie wrote:Q: how old is river song????

No idea. Older than Amy, but being part-timelord she can probably regenerate and/or have a weird aging process.
Nameless Child

Back to top Go down

Post by other annie on Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:05 am

theory (possibly already covered but i have not been here so) :
In flesh and stone bish says river 'killed a good man' the most recent episode is 'a good man goes to war' so if the good man in both is roary then..........
Q: how old is river song????
other annie

Back to top Go down

Post by Nameless Child on Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:29 am

Lonnie wrote:just had a thought. not sure if you highlighted this before. but you know when the doctor and river kissed? she said it was the last time? well there's still a chance that they will both meet up at the right order. cos before river died, she mentioned the doctor showing up to see some singing towers, which we knew has never happened before which ALSO happened as the last event before she died. SO between the library and the weeping angels, there is still a LOT of time to make up for between them Very Happy

hope that makes sense Razz

Makes sense. Basically, you're saying we'll see a lot more River Song in the future (unfortunately). Also, the Doctor won't die because River has seen future incarnations.

So...9 days until Torchwood: Miracle Day, and the promo stuff just keeps coming.

and...

Even More Promo Pics
Nameless Child

Back to top Go down

Post by Lonnie on Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:37 am

just had a thought. not sure if you highlighted this before. but you know when the doctor and river kissed? she said it was the last time? well there's still a chance that they will both meet up at the right order. cos before river died, she mentioned the doctor showing up to see some singing towers, which we knew has never happened before which ALSO happened as the last event before she died. SO between the library and the weeping angels, there is still a LOT of time to make up for between them Very Happy

hope that makes sense Razz
Lonnie

Back to top Go down

Post by Nameless Child on Sat Jul 02, 2011 7:24 am

YT video which I like. (it was published before series 6, so it's got none of that stuff in, but still great vid)

Nameless Child

Back to top Go down

Post by Nameless Child on Sat Jul 02, 2011 4:16 am

ooh. news. well, in DWM Russell T Davies writes:

"The mysteries never end! They cease not! Because 'the only water in the forest is the river' is... an anagram"

"Thirteenth Who televises..."

(the rest is in the spoiler bit. go on. look. Smile )

Spoiler:
Nyaforiterr

That's right, 'thirteenth who televises Nyaforiterr'... Best I can do. Took me ages. Okay, alright, I give up ... I'll leave he complicated stuff to the big guy."

Very Happy
Nameless Child

Back to top Go down

Post by Nameless Child on Sat Jul 02, 2011 2:01 am

NEW TORCHWOOD TRAILER!

Here it is:

Torchwood: Miracle Day - Thursday 14th July, 9:00pm, BBC One.

Be there or be...somewhere else. Very Happy
Nameless Child

Back to top Go down

Torchwood

Post by Nameless Child on Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:16 am

Even more Miracle Day stuff!

(there's a synopsis for Ep. 1 and more promo pics)
Nameless Child

Back to top Go down

Torchwood

Post by Nameless Child on Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:08 am

The BBC have finally confirmed the aridate for Torchwood: Miracle Day as Thursday 14th July at 9:00pm on BBC One.

The official BBC Torchwood website have also uploaded a short teaser trailer, which is here:

TW: Miracle Day
Nameless Child

Back to top Go down

Post by Nameless Child on Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:09 pm

I am hiding this purely due to length, but it's about DW series 7 air dates.

Spoiler:
Dark Nights for the Doctor
The last week or so has seen something of a panic spread through some Doctor Who fans all sparked by a fairly damning article in Private Eye claiming that all was not hunky-dory in the production team, mentioning that problems included “…re-ordering episodes and finding creative reasons for spectacular monsters and CGI creations to be given as little screen-time as possible to save cash…”. All of which will sound eerily familiar to anyone who’s read The Writer’s Tale or for that matter knows anything about the production of the series since 1963.

The aspect of the article that was responsible for the loudest wailing and the most gnashing of teeth was the claim that BBC wales had proposed a cut-down series for 2012. It soon emerged that while there would be a full series of thirteen episodes produced in 2012 though not all of those episodes would be transmitted in 2012.

According to a reliable poster the sole reason for the delay in the start of production on Series Seven is simply to move the transmissions to darker times of year.

The same poster goes on to assure that Danny Cohen’s comments at Church and Media Conference on Tuesday that “He [Moffat] needs enough time to get that [Sherlock] done and then start work on the next series of Doctor Who,” was joking. Yes, he doesn’t sound like he’s joking. But, like someone not a million miles away from this keyboard, Cohen apparently has “a very, very dry sense of humor and deadpan delivery, and unless you can see him say it as well (preferably in close-up), you can’t tell.”

It certainly looks like the production and transmission pattern used for the 2011 series will be repeated for Series Seven, it’s just being moved five months further down the calendar. Instead of starting filming in September as Series Six did, Series Seven will probably commence in February. And as with the current series the transmission of Series Seven will be broken up in to two blocks of episodes, the first should start broadcasting in October/November 2012 with the second broadcasting in February/March 2013 with the Christmas Special keeping its usual airdate, which will now be mid-series.

The poster goes on to note that as ever, the BBC hasn’t officially commissioned any further episodes. The BBC rarely commissions a programme for more than one series at a time. However, unofficially it is pretty much a certainty that the series will be commissioned for at least another two years.

So, there you have it. The shocking news is that we’re going to have to wait about as long between Series Six and Seven as we did between Series Five and Six.

Original article

Bad News: A long wait between series 6 and 7 Sad

Good News: this new filming schedule could mean that Karn and Arthur aren't leaving the show. Very Happy

Also, episode 9 will now run under the title of 'Night Terrors' rather than the more interesting working title of 'What Are Little Boy Made Of?'
Nameless Child

Back to top Go down

Post by Nameless Child on Sun Jun 26, 2011 2:11 am

Even more TW: Miracle Day stuff (which would take loads of space like the last one did) on Blogtor Who
Nameless Child

Back to top Go down

Post by Nameless Child on Sat Jun 25, 2011 3:23 am

Torchwood: Miracle Day promotional pictures

Imagine a day when nobody dies. All across the world, nobody dies. And then the next day, and the next, and the next, people keep aging. They get hurt and sick but they never die. This is the premise of the highly-anticipated original drama series, Torchwood: Miracle Day, produced by BBC Worldwide Productions for STARZ, BBC Cymru Wales and BBC Worldwide. The new series, premiering on July 8 at 10pm ET/PT, features John Barrowman, Eve Myles, Kai Owen, Mekhi Phifer, Alexa Havins and Bill Pullman.

Special guest starring actors in the cult sensation include: Arlene Tur (Eat Pray Love) and Lauren Ambrose (Six Feet Under). The 10-episode, hour-long series will also feature an impressive list of guest stars: Wayne Knight (Seinfeld) C. Thomas Howell (Southland), Ernie Hudson (Ghostbusters), Nana Visitor (Star Trek: Deep Space Nine), John DeLancie (Star Trek: The Next Generation), Mare Winningham (Mildred Pierce) and Frances Fisher (Titanic).

Torchwood: Miracle Day begins with a day when nobody dies. The result: a population boom, overnight. With all the extra people, resources are finite. It's said that in four month's time, the human race will cease to be viable. But this can't be a natural occurrence - someone's got to be behind it. It's a race against time as C.I.A. agent Rex Matheson investigates a global conspiracy. The answers lie within an old, secret British institute. As Rex keeps asking "What is Torchwood?," he's drawn into a world of adventure, and a threat to change what it means to be human, forever.

Nameless Child

Back to top Go down

Post by NJB on Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:38 am

Nameless Child wrote:2 pictures that i found on tumblr. forgotten who they were posted by sorry.

I love those XD
NJB

Back to top Go down

Post by Nameless Child on Sun Jun 19, 2011 7:19 am

2 pictures that i found on tumblr. forgotten who they were posted by sorry.

Nameless Child

Back to top Go down

Post by Nameless Child on Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:21 pm

Some 11th Doctor Quotes:

Box falls out of sky; man falls out of box; man eats Fish-Custard.

I'm the Doctor; I'm worse than everybody's aunt!

Amy Pond, there's something you had better understand about me, because it's important and one day your life may depend on it. I am DEFINITELY a madman with a box.

Look, three options: One, I let the Star Whale continue, in unendurable agony, for hundreds more years; Two, I kill everyone on this ship; Three, I murder a beautiful, innocent creature as painlessly as I can. And then, I... I find a new name, because I won't be the Doctor anymore.

One from Amy:
It came because it couldn't stand to watch your children cry. What if you were really old, and really kind and alone? Your whole race dead, no future. What couldn't you do then? If you were that old, and that kind, and the very last of your kind.... you couldn't just stand there and watch children cry.

There's one thing you never put in a trap. If you're smart, if you value your continued existence there's one thing you never, ever put in a trap: ME!

Rory! That's a relief! I thought I had burst out of the wrong cake. Again. That reminds me, there's a girl standing outside in a bikini. Can someone let her in, give her a jumper? Lucy. Lovely girl. [whispers] Diabetic.
Now then, Rory, we need to talk about your fiancée. She tried to kiss me. Tell you what though, you're a lucky man; she's a great kisser! ... Funny how you can say something in your head and it sounds fine.

one from the Dream Lord:

[to The Doctor] If you had any more tawdry quirks, you could open up a tawdry quirk shop. The mad-cap vehicle, the cockamamie hair, the clothes designed by a first-year fashion student. I'm surprised you haven't got a little purple space dog, just to ram home what an intergalactic wag you are.

Hello, Stonehenge! Who takes the Pandorica, takes the universe! But, bad news, everyone, 'cause guess who! Ha! Listen, you lot! You're all whizzing about. It's really very distracting. Could you all just stay still a minute, because I AM TALKING!
Now the question of the hour is, "Who's got the Pandorica?" Answer: I do. Next question: Who's coming to take it from me? Come on! Look at me! No plan, no back-up, no weapons worth a damn! Oh, and something else I don't have: Anything to lose! So, if you're sitting up there in your silly little spaceships, with all your silly little guns, and you've got any plans on taking the Pandorica tonight, just remember who's standing in your way! Remember every black day I ever stopped you! And then, AND THEN... do the smart thing: Let somebody else try first.

Nameless Child

Back to top Go down

Post by kira on Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:16 pm

kira

Back to top Go down

Post by kira on Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:15 pm

the hospital in the episode of doctor who 'eleventh hour' is it the hospital in being human
kira

Back to top Go down

Post by Nameless Child on Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:00 am

Nameless Child

Back to top Go down

Post by Nameless Child on Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:50 am

3 saddest who moments for me: the 10th doctor regenerating, the Master dying, Jenny dying

What's your opinion?
Nameless Child

Back to top Go down

Post by Nameless Child on Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:35 pm

OK. so I'm ill, and bored, and there's no new DW news, so I thought I'd give y'all a piece of random DW/BH trivia.

The 3 main actors in BH (Russell, Sinead and Lenora) have all been in DW with the 10th Doctor.

That's a fun fact, isn't it.
Nameless Child

Back to top Go down

Post by Nameless Child on Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:45 am

NO FULL SERIES UNTIL 2013:

Not again!!!

Danny Cohen (BBC1 Controller) recently confirmed at the Church and Media Conference that Doctor Who will not be returning for a full series until 2013.

The comments come after weeks of speculation over the scheduling for the series in 2012. Last week the BBC confirmed that 14 episodes of Doctor Who had been commissioned but that the schedule was yet to be announced. We do know that one of the confirmed 14 episodes will be the 2012 Christmas Special.

It is unknown yet as to the exact reason behind the decision, but it is likely due to the reports of big plans for the show's 50th anniversary in 2012.

What could we expect to see in 2013?

- Possible American-style dual season (26 x Episodes) throughout the year.

- A mixture of standard episodes and specials.

- 14 1-hour specials aired throughout the year.

- A 13 Episode series (plus Christmas Special) beginning in the Autumn.

on a more positive note, Kayley's 6.7 review is FINALLY up. Very Happy
Nameless Child

Back to top Go down

Post by Nameless Child on Sun Jun 12, 2011 5:52 am

Agatha wrote:
Nameless Child wrote:Game of Rassilon: A Good Man Goes To War

I got 216.

I bow down to your Whoru-ness!!
No-one else can be as good as you!

Very Happy I know Very Happy
Nameless Child

Back to top Go down

Post by Agatha on Sun Jun 12, 2011 5:50 am

Nameless Child wrote:Game of Rassilon: A Good Man Goes To War

I got 216.

I bow down to your Whoru-ness!!
No-one else can be as good as you!
Agatha

Location : In my sound-proofed dungeon with the handcuffs ready...

http://becominghumanfanbase.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Nameless Child on Sun Jun 12, 2011 4:46 am

Nameless Child

Back to top Go down

SERIES 7 CONFIRMED

Post by Nameless Child on Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:53 am

Sam Hodges, the Head of Communications for BBC One and Fiction has confirmed that Doctor Who and Matt Smith will return for 14 more stories (2011 Christmas Special + 13 Episodes).

Confirmation came via Hodges' Twitter account today:

"#DoctorWho is returning. Fourteen new episodes have been commissioned with Matt Smith as The Doctor #bbc1"

Doctor Who Showrunner, Steven Moffat retweeted adding the following twees:

"14 eps + Matt DEFINITELY. I've got a plan and I'm NOT TELLING YOU WHAT IT IS. Now hush or River shoots you with her Spoiler Gun.#formaqueue"

DWO's Twitter account has been innundated with messages from fans wanting to know what will happen to The Doctor during this season, with Moffat responding to one of the followers:

"@EuroboiSteve @DrWhoOnline What, you don't think he's got time, in those 200 years, to have LOTS of adventures. He DIED - you saw him."

Further confirmation is expected from the BBC shortly, and more details are coming up in the next issue of Doctor Who Magazine.
Nameless Child

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top